[Openstandaarden] [Nieuws] Bill Gates: patent op elektronische 'galerie' van schilderijen

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at ael.be
Sun Jan 11 07:27:28 CET 2004

On Wed, Jan 07, 2004 at 11:06:31AM +0100, Steven Noels wrote:
> On Jan 7, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Mattias Campe wrote:
>
> ><quote src="http://www.tweakers.net/nieuws/30413">
> >Op onder andere ZDNet en The Inquirer lezen we dat Bill Gates, die
> >naast een voormalig topman van Microsoft ook een groot liefhebber van
> >kunst is, een patent heeft verkregen op het elektronisch vertonen van
> >schilderijen.
> ></quote>
>
> Niet alleen 'liefhebber': http://www.google.com/search?q=gates+corbis

I thni that this could be really used and exploited to show the
problem with swpat.

Displaying art with electronic displays is easy enough to understand by
anyone to be able to react (and the fact that this stuff, developped
by other people is attributed to Bill Gates himself would help to
raise the interest ... and reactions againt the person who is just *too
rich* in comparison to many other people on earth.

Best regards, and best whishes to all for a very successful new year

Nicolas Pettiaux