[openstandaarden] Ogg Vorbis 1.0 is uit!

Mattias Campe mattias.campe at rug.ac.be
Sat Jul 20 19:35:22 CEST 2002

Sinds gisteren is eindelijk de 1.0 versie uit, volgend stukje komt van
http://www.vorbis.com:

<quote>
This is it. The Big 1.0 is Here
posted by Monty on 2002-07-19 10:10:36.94

Ogg Vorbis is officially at 1.0!

This release especially focuses on low bitrate performance, both in the
low-CD-quality range (64kbps-ish) as well as down into the depths of
modem-rate streaming. We've also included some fundamental improvements
to mid and high bitrate. Nowehere else can you find a codec that scales
smoothly from 8kbps telco to more than 500 kbps super-fidelity stereo
(and beyond into surround), and does so with this much sonic stability.

The second great focus of this release is documentation. Xiph.Org now
hosts a complete draft of the full Ogg Vorbis I specification.

If you're already an Ogg fan who needs a cutting edge fix, head straight
to the download page for all your 1.0 needs. Or, if you're still
undecided, have a listen to Ogg glory on the Ogg Vorbis 1.0 demo page
where you can compare Ogg directly against most of the popular competition.
</quote>