[openstandaarden] [phm@a2e.de: [ffii] McCarthy wins in JURI]

David GLAUDE dglaudemailing at gmx.net
Tue Jun 17 18:01:31 CEST 2003

For those that want to listen to the debate that took place the day
before in JURI meeting, some recording are available. (most of the MEP
present were in favor of software patent but it is good to hear what
they say and how far it is from what is actually in the text).

RealAudio version + speaker name and timestamp:
http://www.digitalforbruger.dk/SWPAT/JURI-20030616/

MP3 version (two languages, one on each side):
http://www.ael.be/action/2003/softpatents/JURI/

The only language recorded were:
VO+FR and EN+GE so sorry there was no recorder on the dutch channel.

You can also check the GREENs/EFA press release:
http://www.greens-efa.org/en/press/detail.php?id=1445&lg=en

Some more on their web site...
http://www.greens-efa.org/en/issues/?id=14

David GLAUDE

PS: Don't loose hope, the vote were positive for a JURI comittee...
1/3 voted our way, this mean not only the green but some member of other
group. So we can try to convince more members of other group before
plenary session... Remember the ITRE and CULT vote were very positive.
So it mean at least those MEP will continue to thing software patent
should be stopped and patent inflation is not good for innovation.

Starting from now we can lobby any MEP, not only JURI+CULT+ITRE, but
each and every belgian MEP.

--
Don't let the computer/expert control the election
Information for Belgium in french: http://www.poureva.be/